Its cyber security month are you doing the “essentials”?
Can you afford not to?
As our world increasingly moves online, it's more important than ever to make sure your company is protected against cybercrime.
Here are some suggestions which might improve your online security.
1. Train your employees Your employees are the first line of defence against cyber-attacks. Make sure they're trained on how to spot and report suspicious activity. Especially phishing attacks. A good IT provider can even stage safe attacks to test your staff out.
2. Keep your data secure Be extra careful with sensitive data. Use strong encryption and limit access to only those who absolutely need it. We believe that all laptops should always be encrypted as standard.
3. Monitor your network Regularly check your network for any signs of intrusion or unusual activity. All our customers have regular assessments against the governments cyber essential standards.
4. Be prepared for an attack You should have a disaster recovery plan in place. Ask yourself tomorrow if all my data was inaccessible what would I do?
5. Stay informed Keep up with the latest security news and trends so you can be proactive about protecting your company against emerging threats.
We take data protection, privacy, and security extremely seriously at Aspire.
We understand that cyber-attacks and theft can be detrimental to businesses of all sizes, and we work hard to ensure that our systems are as secure as possible.
In addition to implementing state-of-the-art security protocols, we educate our employees and our customers on how to stay safe online.
We use the government’s cyber essentials standards as our design benchmark as they are designed to remove 80% of the problems most businesses face in their IT security posture.
We believe that this holistic approach is the best way to keep data safe.
If you're looking for a company that takes IT and data security seriously, contact us today. We would be happy to discuss your needs and see how we can help.
Updated: 24th January 2024
Digital Content & Marketing Executive @ Aspire. I help you find solutions to your business tech challenges.